Author Topic: Creating HyperLinks within HyperNext  (Read 1776 times)

Jeff

Creating HyperLinks within HyperNext
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:04:33 AM »
Is it possible to create hyperlinks within the HyperNext software like the ones that you see at websites that can be clickable to send you to a website?

I want to place a link in the text field name that can be clickable or is hyperlinked.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Creating HyperLinks within HyperNext
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
Quote from: "Jeff"
Is it possible to create hyperlinks within the HyperNext software like the ones that you see at websites that can be clickable to send you to a website?

I want to place a link in the text field name that can be clickable or is hyperlinked.

Thanks

By default when you double-click text in a field it selects only the whole word under the mouse click. If you double-click twice it then selects the whole text. If using the one double-click method then things become more complex as most weblinks have dots slashes etc in them - therefore you would need to look up the simplified hyperlink in a list and get the corresponding complete address. The function FieldSelTextFN returns the selected text.

Although It is possible to launch a web-browser using the FolderItemLaunch command,  on Windows platform the web page address is not passed to the launched application.

On OS X there are more options as HyperNext can run Applescripts.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

anything