Author Topic: new user, a few questions  (Read 2410 times)

lenitech

new user, a few questions
« on: March 28, 2011, 12:02:17 AM »
Hi, i downloaded hypernext studio and have a working calculator program after just 2 hours of playing with this software.  I love it!  Anyway, I've read through a bunch of the documentation and tried a few things, but I can't seem to figure out the following:

1.  How can I have a field only display a set number of decimal places after a calculation?  I  want to show four decimal places in one field and two decimal places in another.  I also want to show trailing zeros.  I can't seem to figure this out.

2.  I used the MenuDisableNumber(1,1) function to disable the menus, which works when i run the program in hypernext creator, however the menus are still active in the program when I build it to windows xp.  How can I disable these menus in the windows .exe?

3. Is there a way to change the tigabyte software label in the splash window?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

lenitech

Re: new user, a few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:38:20 AM »
ok, I have figured out how to format the fields to display the desired decimal places.  However, I still can't seem to disable any of the default menus in the windows xp build nor remove the tigabyte software lable in the splash screen.  Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to add a "red x" close button to the top bar of the program like all other windows programs have?

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: new user, a few questions
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
Quote from: "lenitech"
ok, I have figured out how to format the fields to display the desired decimal places.  However, I still can't seem to disable any of the default menus in the windows xp build nor remove the tigabyte software lable in the splash screen.  Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to add a "red x" close button to the top bar of the program like all other windows programs have?

Thats great you are having some fun and figured out the display of decimal numbers.
For anyone still stuck on this the FormatFN fuction can be used to format the display of numeric strings

Code: [Select]
Local num

Put 1.123456 into num

@ gives 1.123
Put FormatFN(num,'0.000') into field 1

The Format function has many options and is described in the Language Reference PDF.

About the menu item there seems to be a bug as it doesn't disable. The menus(About, File , Edit) are special as HyperNext came from Macintosh platform and there those three menus are expected to be in all apps and so had different handlers to the other menus - clearly I slipped up in the last update as they used to work.

I'm sorry about the TigaByte Software in the top of the Splash screen - again a bug on Windows platform but not for Mac users.

The red x doesn't appear as the Quit is intended to be captured by the Quit menu option - that is if the software designer wants it to be.
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

RickTerry

Problems with hypernext
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 01:52:22 AM »
Hello,  just downloaded hypernext program, and really enjoy playing with it.  I am using windows xp, and when I try and run the program,  sometimes the buttons work, and sometimes they dont, some go back to the main window and its not in the goto box.  am I missing something or is the program just giving me a problem.  Thanks

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Problems with hypernext
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:55:19 AM »
Quote from: "RickTerry"
Hello,  just downloaded hypernext program, and really enjoy playing with it.  I am using windows xp, and when I try and run the program,  sometimes the buttons work, and sometimes they dont, some go back to the main window and its not in the goto box.  am I missing something or is the program just giving me a problem.  Thanks

I don't fully understand your problem but:-

If your problem is with button Gotos when running your program then try this workaround:-

http://http://tigabyte.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=50#p94

if it is a problem using HyperNext in Design mode then there are several posts in the Windows forum here that might help:-

http://http://www.tigabyte.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.