Author Topic: Insert, Search, Show and Delete?  (Read 1762 times)

Jeff

Insert, Search, Show and Delete?
« on: June 29, 2011, 05:48:45 AM »
Hi,

A.
I want to make a software that you can insert information in Field 1 then you save it, then you Search it by typing a part or whole of that information in Field 2 and it shows in Field 3 with a one click button. There will be two buttons, a save and a search button.

B.
In Field 4 you type in the same Information and delete it by pressing the third button (a delete button), so when you search for that information it will not be found in Field 3.

Okay let me give a more clear detail:

1. In Field 1 you insert or typed in John Smith and then you saved that name by clicking onto the save button.
2. In Field 2 you Search that name "John Smith" by typing John or the whole name John Smith and then you click onto the Search button.
3. After clicking onto the Search button John Smith appears in Field 3. (Also want Field 3 to be in a list form).
4. Type John Smith in Field 4 press delete button then when you press the search button John Smith is not available in Field 3

Is this possible

Thank You.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Insert, Search, Show and Delete?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:32:45 AM »
Take a look at the projects called Books HC and Books HN - they have scripts for searching fields using HyperNext's string functions such as FindWordFN etc. These two projects are also quite easy to modify.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.