Author Topic: Creating Software Icons?  (Read 4153 times)

Jeff

Creating Software Icons?
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
Can HyperNext create software Icons, the ones that we see from Windows Explorer, Quark, Adobe Illustrator etc.Is it possible for HyperNext to replace the HyperNext icon. Like when you create a .exe file you see the HN icon.

Would HN create a new Project for creating software icons if it is not currently available now?

I suggest the image library would become useful for dropping creative icons for software icons.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Creating Software Icons?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »
Quote from: Jeff
Can HyperNext create software Icons, the ones that we see from Windows Explorer, Quark, Adobe Illustrator etc.Is it possible for HyperNext to replace the HyperNext icon. Like when you create a .exe file you see the HN icon.

Would HN create a new Project for creating software icons if it is not currently available now?

I suggest the image library would become useful for dropping creative icons for software icons.

Thank You.

I'm not sure about the format for application/file icons. A quick check shows that Windows uses either .BMP or .ICO.
On the Windows platform HyperNext saves by default in .BMP so one could make a simple editor using a canvas to make icons this way - one of the HyperNext demo projects called CanvasDraw is a very primitive graphics program.
As for the .ICO format you would need to check that out and then convert the pixels in your canvas to the relevant binary format for saving.

HyperNext just makes the .exe with a default icon so that a user can bundle their .exe and associated files together using an Installer
Here is a related post:

http://www.tigabyte.com/smf/index.php?topic=114.msg382#msg382

Thank you for the suggestion about icons and the image library.

Malcolm
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:17:11 AM by Malkom »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.