Author Topic: convert image file into pdf  (Read 4310 times)

venkat0249

convert image file into pdf
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »
I'm creating an application called Certificate Generator. So far i managed to create certificate in JPEG/BMP file as an output. Now i wanna convert that output JPEG image file into a pdf file. Is it possible to write code in HN so that, image is converted into pdf by linking it to "pdf creator" or some 3rd party appication? I mean in hypernext, there are some commands to external open files and folders...like that is it possible to create pdf by oepning that image file with "pdf creator"...?

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: convert image file into pdf
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »
Unfortunately a HyperNext built app cannot by itself convert an image to a PDF.

Perhaps you could find a free helper program that HyperNext could launch there seem to be a few about for Windows using Google search. The problem is getting them to open your image file. Some image programs have automation options to to cover events like this.

For OS X you might be able to run an AppleScript inside your app to produce a PDF.

This post shows how to launch another program from inside a HyperNext built app:-

http://www.tigabyte.com/smf/index.php?topic=61.0
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

venkat0249

Re: convert image file into pdf
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:18:31 AM »
if possible, can you please list some of those helper programs to convert image to pdf?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:21:16 PM by venkat0249 »