Author Topic: Beta releases of V4  (Read 1894 times)

richmond62

Beta releases of V4
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Are there any chances that you could release a Beta version of V4 for testing?

If you did then users could send you bug reports that might speed up your system development life-cycle.

Frankly, having to work with a version released 7 years ago does not inspire enthusiasm much.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:11:17 PM by richmond62 »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Beta releases of V4
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:16 PM »
Are there any chances that you could release a Beta version of V4 for testing?
I'm really glad to say that the V4 Beta was finished on Monday with all but a few bugs fixed. Those should be fixed in v4.01, as well as some features I didn't have time to add. The main thing is that HN works on both Windows and Mac, including Intel only Mac with no Rosetta.

V4 should be released in very early April but before then I need to test every project on the various platforms, finish updating the docs and the website.

If you did then users could send you bug reports that might speed up your system development life-cycle.
Yes, a good idea but hopefully some users will still send bug reports for V4 because I'm bound to have missed some.

Frankly, having to work with a version released 7 years ago does not inspire enthusiasm much.
Yes, we can have the best intentions but unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes.
Anyhow, best intentions are good but releases are even better :)

I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

richmond62

Re: Beta releases of V4
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
If you want HyperNext to compete with anything, rather than be something used by a handful of folk, you are going to have to come
up with something better than your last reply.