Author Topic: creating mp3 player  (Read 15328 times)

omiyehan

creating mp3 player
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »
i tried to edit your already created mp3 player, after building the software, i open the stand alone software, i load mp3 music but each time i click play error massage display and the mp3 player disapear
see the error message below
sorry an internal error has occur: xr_textsetvalue

what do i do to make the mp3 music load and player?

secondly how  do i remove tybite software at the heading of the software template i click before the full program run in already build software
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: creating mp3 player
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:06:23 PM »
i tried to edit your already created mp3 player, after building the software, i open the stand alone software, i load mp3 music but each time i click play error massage display and the mp3 player disapear
see the error message below
sorry an internal error has occur: xr_textsetvalue

Do mp3s plays when you just run the project and drop mp3s onto it?

I wonder if you have Apple Quicktime installed?
as HyperNext and its built applications/stacks need Quicktime to display some graphics and play mp3s.

secondly how do i remove tybite software at the heading of the software template i click before the full program run in already build software
I'm not sure if you mean the Splash Screen or the top of the window.

The Splash Screen can be changed via the menu option  "Windows" then "Splash Screen"
Its also possible to replace all the text on the Splash Screen with an image if you place the image in the Image Library
access the Image Library via the menu option "Windows" then "Image Library"

The top of the window can be changed by editing the name of the card - use the "Creator Properties" on the right-hand side of the Creator.
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

tools-n-stuff

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »
secondly how do i remove tybite software at the heading of the software template i click before the full program run in already build software

I was curious about this to. I think he mean't the title of the splash screen.
Because from what i can see there is no possible way of removing 'Tigabyte sofware' from the splash screen title. Although i can i understand why its there. I see it being a bit of a problem and misleading when opening the final project.
When opening a stack with the player it has the players info for tigabyte. Cool, justified and needed.
But when opening an exe file people will see 'Tigabyte Software' at the top and automatically think that my program was built by you (even if you did do most of the work to help me get it to work).

You said:
The top of the window can be changed by editing the name of the card - use the "Creator Properties" on the right-hand side of the Creator.

This can't be done for the splash screen. As we can only call up the splash screen to edit the content.
For both Personal and business purposes i think i'd prefer my company name displayed there.

Is there nothing that can be done to work around this?
I honestly see this as vital if you want business's to start using your software. I am not trying to be arkward, i find it hard to see business's use this for professional software creation and distribution if your name is forced onto their final products.

Yeah sure for someone like me who is starting out maybe, but that doesn't change the fact i would prefer to see my name rather than yours.

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
There are two ways of distributing your software created with HyperNext:-

(1) As an exe or application. Here you can tailor both the Splash Screen and the About box so that no one knows it was made using HyperNext.  The 'Analayser' demo has a picture on the Splash screen and just text on the About Box but you can place a picture on the About box as well.

(2) As a stack running in the HyperNext Player. Here the Splash screen is that of the Player and not of your stack because its to show the copyright etc of the Player. There is also the Stack's About Box that can be tailored to show your own text or a picture.
The advantage of the Player is that stacks are often very small - perhaps only 50kilobytes - and so can be emailed easily.

tools-n-stuff

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
Excellent, and i stand corrected ;).

Honestly i wasn't having a go i just found it odd.

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
Quote from: "tools-n-stuff"
Excellent, and i stand corrected ;).

Honestly i wasn't having a go i just found it odd.

Thats fine - no need to feel corrected - you asked a valid question and clearly others had the same thoughts :)

tools-n-stuff

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
Sorry to come back on this but:

I still can't see where i remove the title Tigabyte sofware from the spashscreen.

When going into the menubar at the top of HN, i click on 'windows' and then on splash screen. from there the options appear for modifying the splash screen but the 'creator properties' window goes into hiding. So there is no possible way to remove or change the title. Only add an image or details.

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »
Quote from: "tools-n-stuff"
Sorry to come back on this but:

I still can't see where i remove the title Tigabyte sofware from the spashscreen.

When going into the menubar at the top of HN, i click on 'windows' and then on splash screen. from there the options appear for modifying the splash screen but the 'creator properties' window goes into hiding. So there is no possible way to remove or change the title. Only add an image or details.

Unfortunately you are correct - its a bug - the Title Bar of the Splash Screen has TigaByte Software in small letters - it doesn't appear on the Macintosh version - i'll get this fixed.

Sometimes I miss the obvious :(

anything