Platform Specific > Windows

The program won't start

<< < (2/2)

Malkom:
As you have Apple QuickTime installed - perhaps you could uninstall Quicktime and try to run  HyperNext Creator without it.

The files to remove for Quicktime are in the folder below:- (just in case QuickTime leaves them behind)

program filesQuickTimeQTSystem

Then try to run HyperNext Creator to see what happens.

It seems an earlier version of Quicktime had problems with shared libraries so causing apps dependent on it to crash as mentioned here:-

http://forums.realsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25336

Note, for full functionality HyperNext needs QuickTime installing but their more recent versions seems fine.

Aimee:
I have the most recent version of quicktime installed.

Malkom:
I'm very sorry that I haven't been any help.

A year a so back there was another HyperNext user running Windows XP on 2 "identical" computers. On one HyperNext installed with no problems but on the other we tried everything and it just wouldn't run.
In the end he reinstalled Windows XP and HyperNext installed and ran without problems - unfortunately we never found the answer to what was causing the problem. He said the problem PC had been bloated with old apps but that didn't make us any the wiser.

If I find any other possible answer then I'll add them to this post.

Aimee:
Thanks for trying  :D . Unfortunately I can't reinstall xp cause I lost my discs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version