Author Topic: Passwording a certain slide  (Read 5118 times)

bgmbgmbgm

Passwording a certain slide
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »
Is there anyway that I can password a certain slide on my application?

Basically I have:

- Slides:

Slide #1 and #2 are normal. Slide #3 I want to be password protected. Slide #4 I want to only be available to those who get past slide #3.

So I actually have three questions:

1) How do I password protect Slide #3?
2) If I include no buttons to jump to Slide #4, is there any other way that users can sneak into Slide 4 since the only button to jump to Slide 4 is included in Slide 3 which is password protected?

3) I compiled and saved my application. Can I send this to a friend who does NOT have Hypernext and will they be able to open the file?

Now that I think of it, I have a fourth question.

4) I have some text on some slides and it's fine and all but is there any way to get rid of that annoying border around the text? I'd just like text on there without the box.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Passwording a certain slide
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
Quote from: "bgmbgmbgm"
Is there anyway that I can password a certain slide on my application?

Basically I have:

- Slides:

Slide #1 and #2 are normal. Slide #3 I want to be password protected. Slide #4 I want to only be available to those who get past slide #3.

So I actually have three questions:

1) How do I password protect Slide #3?

I'm not sure that I fully understand you - I'm assuming each slide is a picture on a card - and there are 4 cards - 1 for each slide.

Yes, you can protect any card. To protect card 3 -  put a field on card 2 and its Goto button checks the contents of that field before going to card 3.

2) If I include no buttons to jump to Slide #4, is there any other way that users can sneak into Slide 4 since the only button to jump to Slide 4 is included in Slide 3 which is password protected?
There is no way to sneak to another card - only your HyperNext script can make the gotos happen.

3) I compiled and saved my application. Can I send this to a friend who does NOT have Hypernext and will they be able to open the file?
Yes, if you compile your project into an executable and your friend's computer runs either the Windows or Macintosh operating system.
However, executables are quite large and another option is to build a stack - a stack only contains your scripts and data - and just needs your friend to have a copy of HyperNext Player installed.

4) I have some text on some slides and it's fine and all but is there any way to get rid of that annoying border around the text? I'd just like text on there without the box.
I'm not sure if you mean a Field as the Text Controls don't have a border around them. Unfortunately Fields always have a border around them.

*** WARNING *** users can see your pictures if they are stored in your program's folders.
By default canvases make a backup of their image content.

To securely protect your images from peeking - you could use HyperNext's image bank commands. The can save an image in a special format that can only be viewed inside a HyperNext program. To do this, load a normal image into an image bank, either directly with the ImageBankLoad command or via a canvas with the ImageCanvasToBank command. Then save/load your images using the protected format with the   ImageBankSaveXP & ImageBankLoadXP commands.Now your images will be secure and only viewable inside your program.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.