Author Topic: Logging Program Creation  (Read 3858 times)

metallic806

Logging Program Creation
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:59:06 PM »
I am brand new to this so I am just wondering if what I want to do is possible.

I need to create a program for logging customer complaints for three newspapers.  Our customer service dept handles the complaints for three newspapers.  So ideally first they would choose which newspaper they have the complaint for then they would type in such data as time, district, name, address, phone, person responsible, time dispatched.  Then they could click a submit button and the data would be moved to a log book that would log that days complaints for that particular paper.  They would also need to be able to pull that log book up to do call backs and verify the complaint has been handled and then check a box on the log book that says it is verified.  Ideally they would also be able to email the log books to managers of the newspapers on a daily basis.

So that should be the basic idea.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Logging Program Creation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
Hi, such an interesting application.

Yes,I think you can do this with HyperNext and much of the basic functionality needed is already in the various demo projects which come with HyperNext. Basic flat database examples for logging, file saving/loading and email. It also has encryption, compression and Base64 that are useful for sending secure email attachments. If you need several programs to communcate with one another then there is already a messenger/chat example project for doing this with a simple messaging protocol.

Once you know what functionality is required then you could examine the demo projects to see if they meet your needs or if there is something lacking in HyperNext. There are quite a few posts in the forums especially on the limitations which are very important to know.

HyperNext does work on both Windows and Macintosh platforms and the core functionality of the projects that I mentioned above works on both platforms.

I'm not sure what your programming experience is. Unlike most languages HyperNext is based around the card metaphor from HyperCard where a card is equivalent to a window with only one window visible at a time. This makes it sutable for making many types of software and your application sounds as if HyperNext is well matched for it. There is a simple tutorial on our website and a QuickStart pdf to help one get moving with HyperNext.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.