Author Topic: Some questions about HyperNext  (Read 4553 times)

vegaredo

Some questions about HyperNext
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »
Hey
1. I wan't to have a webinterface that tells if that person is online or offline.
2. So when they enter their name in the dialog box, i wan't the name sent to my webserver. Telling me that that person is now online.

So it will be somthing like this.

Incert your name: Example Name
Program don't exit, just minimize
Program send Information to the webinterface that Example Name is now online as long as the program is running.

I need the program here at a school.
We have a system that user can log into when they have exams or tests, but since it boots up trough USB we need to ensure that they use the USB system and not their own. And we need to know the names of the students using the exam/test system.

I hope someone can tell me if this can be done with this type of software or if there is any other programming software that i can use to perform the task needed to do it:)
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: Some questions about HyperNext
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:21:33 AM »
Quote from: "vegaredo"
Hey
1. I wan't to have a webinterface that tells if that person is online or offline.
2. So when they enter their name in the dialog box, i wan't the name sent to my webserver. Telling me that that person is now online.

So it will be somthing like this.

Incert your name: Example Name
Program don't exit, just minimize
Program send Information to the webinterface that Example Name is now online as long as the program is running.

I need the program here at a school.
We have a system that user can log into when they have exams or tests, but since it boots up trough USB we need to ensure that they use the USB system and not their own. And we need to know the names of the students using the exam/test system.

I hope someone can tell me if this can be done with this type of software or if there is any other programming software that i can use to perform the task needed to do it:)

I think you can use HyperNext as a standalone program  to do something similar. However, if you do need to do this via a web page then Hypernext cannot do it as it does not yet have a web-view built into it.

There is a HyperNext demo project called "InterNet Chat" that shows how to communicate between two computers - it has a simple messaging protocol that could be extended with other commands. Perhaps you could try to get this working on your network and see if it looks suitable.

About checking which drive they booted off - your Hypernext program/stack could check that some hidden/obscure file and its encrypted contents existed. The contents describe the drive. If the file is missing or it contents do not match then you know your HyperNext program is on another drive.

At university we used a similar system for testing students but some cheated by leaving their work behind on the drive and the later students simply loaded it up.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

anything