Author Topic: HyperNext remoting ?  (Read 9800 times)

AnonymousPostings

HyperNext remoting ?
« on: July 15, 2010, 12:20:22 PM »
hi,

I just found your software it looks and sounds great, I wanted to know if it allowed me
to build a simple remoting app using osc ? to send commands to other machines ?

do you have an example ? or would I need to use something like vb to do this
many thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Guest »

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
Re: HyperNext remoting ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
Yes you could use HyperNext to communicate with another computer.

Project 22 on our Project Downloads page is a very basic internet chat program and could be modified to be some form of monitor/controller.
It allows 2 computers to send/receive commands from each other.

Please note, that HyperNext V3.x  does not have any commands for controlling the API on a computer although it can launch other programs and has AppleScript on OS X.
If you need to access the API with commands using OSC then I would suggest something like Visual Basic or REALbasic. REALbasic is cross-platform and runs on Windows/Macintosh/Linux.
I am sorry but I do not have time to answer questions by PM or email.
If you post your questions in this forum then it might help others.

RSW

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »
I am curious since HyperNext uses RBscript, is there any method of migrating an app to Real Software if the project requires additional features over time?

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
Quote from: "RSW"
I am curious since HyperNext uses RBscript, is there any method of migrating an app to Real Software if the project requires additional features over time?

Migration would have to be done manually by copying and pasting the RBscript code into an RB project. The RBscript used in HyperNext is the same as that used in RB 5.5.5 so there might be changes to RBscript in later versions of RB.

It should also be possible to migrate some RB scripts into HyperNext again by copying and pasting.

There is a chapter in the Language Reference PDF on the RBscript commands supported by HyperNext.

RSW

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. It gives me more faith in getting started with hypernext. On that note, is there an estimate on when the next HyperNext release will come out? Honestly I am trying to decide between Realstudio and HyperNext, and ongoing development is a key element. I am a web developer by trade so some RS features seem appealling, but HN seems simpler to get started, and since I am looking for a tool to communicate with ardunio boards and process bio-feedback data from the boards. HN seems like a great choice,and I suspect the neural network plugin could be rather useful... I only worry that HN may become UNSUPPORT/UNDEVELOPED?

Malkom

• Administrator
  • Here to help you
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »
Quote from: "RSW"
Thanks for the quick reply. It gives me more faith in getting started with hypernext. On that note, is there an estimate on when the next HyperNext release will come out? Honestly I am trying to decide between Realstudio and HyperNext, and ongoing development is a key element. I am a web developer by trade so some RS features seem appealling, but HN seems simpler to get started, and since I am looking for a tool to communicate with ardunio boards and process bio-feedback data from the boards. HN seems like a great choice,and I suspect the neural network plugin could be rather useful... I only worry that HN may become UNSUPPORT/UNDEVELOPED?

Thank you for the detail on what you are doing. I'm very sorry to disappoint you but I really think you are better off going with RS as it works now and has all the features you require plus it has vibrant forums. Yes, it is much harder to get started but they do have many example projects and very good documentation. There are also many plugins for it, some free and the amazing Monkey Bread Plugins(MBS) which are paid for.

About HyperNext V4 - unfortunately it has been delayed a long time as the feature set was increased but now work on it has paused while we get HyperNext Android Creator(HAC) out. Basically the numbers using HyperNext for desktop are quite small compared to the numbers who will use HAC. Just this morning I was looking at the various projects for HyperNext V4 and guess work will resume once a few updates to HAC are out and it has stabilized - so actually we don't know when V4 will be out.

About the neural plugins - they are just some forms of Back Propagation - they are written in RBscript and you are welcome to look at the examples and migrate them and any of the projects to RB if you like.

***** EDIT ****
Thank you for the mention of ardunio boards and biofeedback - I hadn't heard of them and now see why HyperNext caught your attention.

RSW

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:40:36 PM »
Thanks for the honesty..
Once I am ready to look into the plugins code, I may have a couple question here on the board.. appreciate you sharing.
I will also come back to play with the Android version once available since I am an android user.

Cheers